audio/wav: version 1.1
October 18, 2014
The audio/wav package is a WAV encoder and decoder. It allows you to decode many different types of WAV files into raw PCM audio data.
It operates through the audio package, which is like the standard image package -- but for audio.
Version 1.1 of the audio/wav package is now available!
- Encoding support (was issue #1).
- Massive (~100%) performance improvements (was issue #8).
- The decoder is much faster averaging around 5.5ms to decode 1s of 44100hz/2ch WAV audio (On a Pentium® Dual-Core CPU - T4500 @ 2.30GHz), which is on-par with the WAV encoder.
- Removed the unsafe dependency (was issue #4).
- The entire package is now pure Go.
- Tests and benchmarks have been added.
- Which lead to the identification of a now-fixed, critical bug.
- Full Changelog
To update you need to run the following (note that the import path is the same):
go get -u azul3d.org/audio/wav.v1
Future Audio Work
- More WAV performance enhancements (see issue #8).
- A FLAC decoder (currently in-development).
- Idiomatic audio playback in Go, with support for spatial 3D audio (see issue #2).